Because Health is an informal and pluralistic platform and is open to institutional and individual members. Be-cause health connects members from a wide array of sectors, such as:
- Belgian academic institutes, services, schools for public health
- Belgian medical (and related) development organisations, NGOs and study bureaus
- Government services involved in medical development cooperation and international healthcare
- Organisations and associations for whom development cooperation is not necessarily a priority, but whose mandates overlap with international healthcare
- Partner organisations in the South.
An important aspect is that individuals, involved in international healthcare and active in a Belgian context, can also be a part of this platform. This includes employees of Belgian organisations and institutes, development workers, management of partner organisations, alumni, individuals active in international organisations, immigrants involved in development cooperation, experts, etc. in brief anyone directly or indirectly involved in international health issues. Be-cause health is sent to about 400 people linked to approximately 50 organisations and institutes.
More information about our work you will find on the website of Because Health.