The Italian Society of Tropical Medicine and Global Health
The Italian Society of Tropical Medicine and Global Health (Società Italiana di Medicina Tropicale e Salute Globale – SIMET) is a multidisciplinary non-profit scientific society. Its mandate is to promote researchand activities in communities living in most deprived areas of the tropics and subtropics, and in general in those most exposed to risk of diseases linked to poor living and working conditions and/or climatic and environmental determinants.
SIMET operates in the following domains:
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human diseases;
- Promotion of human and animal health, including food security;
- Socio-economic and environmental determinants related to health;
- Technical-scientific cooperation in the socio-health sector referring to the regulations that govern the International Cooperation of Italy;
- Teaching management in the socio-health sector and in other sectors relevant to the above-mentioned domains;
- Health education and information in Italy and abroad for health personnel, workers, tourists, and the community in general;
- Other domains not included in the present list, directly or indirectly related to tropical medicine and to health promotion of the communities described above.
Find more on our work on the SIMET website.